- Maria has worked as a paralegal and office manager in a busy law office for over 25 years.
- She handled client intake, drafted settlement agreements, and prepared the paperwork for hundreds of divorce cases.
- Maria is well-versed in issues relating to domestic violence, immigration, real estate, and criminal defense.
- Maria is a native Spanish speaker, born and raised in Puerto Rico.
- Education: John Jay College (BA, Forensic Psychology)
A few words:
When I work on a divorce case, I am grateful for the opportunity to help the client get through a difficult process. It is important and meaningful work.
I have worked in a law office for my entire career and I will always protect the client's confidentiality. I have worked with high-profile clients for whom keeping the client's confidences was particularly important.
However, for most things it doesn't matter whether the client is high profile or not. The same basic issue is usually present: the client needs a little help getting through the process, and wants it to be as painless as possible.
I understand what it is to be a single mother, so I can relate to clients in that situation.
Due to my interest in divorce and legal issues, I recently went back to school and obtained a BA in forensic psychology from John Jay College.
Here are some of the issues that I can help you with:
- Understanding the divorce process
- Legal custody (decision-making)
- Working out a parenting schedule
- Child support ("basic" and "add-ons" support)
- Spousal maintenance
- Domestic violence issues, whether physical or emotional
I look forward to the opportunity to work with you on your case.
Maria V. Diaz-Feinman